Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sea Glass Earrings


How they become a perfect match!

Finding sea glass pairs is like doing a 1000 piece puzzle. In fact, after taking up this wonderful hobby, I no longer do puzzles. I just make earring pairs!

How it works usually is I group together all of one color and then go piece by piece. Color is the first step and then on to shape. There are so many different ones; ovals, kidneys, round, triangles, square...the list goes on and on. I tend to be a bit obsessive and will only pair together amazing matches but that takes time and a very large supply of sea glass!

So when you browse through all the pairs of earrings I have, remember, they were all in a pile just waiting to find each other. Each piece was likely found on a different day, probably months apart and likely on different beaches. They were almost definitely different vessels each with their own ancient purpose now long forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment